Man Utd Fan CLub

Monday 4 July 2011

Shevchenko: I'm Not Retiring

Andriy Shevchenko has confirmed that he has no plans to retire and expects to continue his illustrious career.


After a fruitful spell in Italy with AC Milan, Shevchenko's big money move to Chelsea was ultimately a failure and he returned to Ukraine with Dynamo Kiev - where he began his career - to revive his fortunes.
Speaking to FIFA.com, Shevchenko said: "I feel good, still young, the motivation is still there and I think I'll carry on. Of course, the day will come when I have to hang up my boots, but for now I don't know when I'll retire. I scored quite a few goals again last season. My short-term objective is the upcoming European Championships."
Shevchenko also took the time to praise Wayne Rooney, underlining the Manchester United forward as someone he admires: "The forward I like the most is undoubtedly Wayne Rooney. He never stops moving, he works hard for the team and scores important goals."

No comments:

Post a Comment