Man Utd Fan CLub

Monday 25 July 2011

Evra: Nasri Will Win Trophies at United


Manchester United defender Patrice Evra has claimed that he has been trying to persuade Arsenal's Samir Nasri to join the club all summer.
Nasri is keen to leave the Gunners to win silverware and will not sign a new contract at the club after it expires in 2012. Arsenal look like they will let the Frenchman's contract run down so he can leave on a free, and Evra is hopeful that he chooses Old Trafford to continue his career; if not now, then next year.
Evra told the Sun: "I've talked a lot with him in the holidays and told him how great it is to play for Manchester United and how important it would be for him to become one of the biggest players in the world.
"I remember I made that little joke saying that he's a prince now but if he wants to be the king then he has to join Man United. But that's the reality - and I've told him that. I said, 'If you want to win trophies, you have to come here'.
"In five years I've won 12 trophies and I don't know if I'd have won more than that with another club. So I just told him the truth. I don't know how negotiations are at the moment but he has a lot of clubs interested in him and he has to think.
"I just told him how good it would be for him coming here. He will have a nice welcome and I can help as well because I'm French. We've spoken a lot in the summer and also when we met up for friendly games with France at the end of the season. It was looking interesting but I don't know, we'll have to see."
Nasri, 24, has rejected a new £115,000-a-week deal at Arsenal and could follow Gael Clichy to Manchester City, but Evra believes he will win more at United.
He said: "If he goes to City it's his choice. But I know, as a player, if I have Manchester United and Manchester City, I'd go straight away for United.
"It can be for the money. But I'd prefer to go for the glory. He said it's a privilege a club like United want him but he has to think about his future and talk with his agent."
Evra also revealed that he told manager Alex Ferguson he wanted to quit Old Trafford to join Inter Milan or Real Madrid last year.
Evra, 30, said: "After the World Cup I'd told him I wanted to go. Sometimes you have to make a choice in your life and there was an approach from two big clubs. I just had a chat about it with the boss.
"Sometimes you want to try something different. For family reasons perhaps there was a choice to move. In the end I made the right choice and I'm so happy to still be a Man United player."


No comments:

Post a Comment