Man Utd Fan CLub

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Hernandez Working Hard to Improve

Javier Hernandez believes he still has a lot of room for improvement, despite a breakthrough first season at Manchester United.


The Mexico international scored a number of crucial goals for United on their way to Premier League title success last season, growing from an impact substitute role upon his arrival at the club to manager Sir Alex Ferguson's preferred strike partner for Wayne Rooney by the final of the Champions League at the end of the campaign.
But despite reaching 20 goals in his first season in English football, the 23-year-old has been working intensively on his game during the summer break - which has already seen him help Mexico to Gold Cup glory - as he knows he can still improve even more.
"I have been a little lucky with some of my goals," Hernandez told Inside United. "There have been a few headers in there. I work on that side of my game because I am not the tallest guy.
"I am working on all aspects of my game - speed, strength, technical ability with the ball, movement - and heading."
The striker, signed for £7 million from Chivas Guadalajara in a deal concluded almost 15 months ago, believes Ferguson must take much of the credit for the impact he has already made at Old Trafford.
"I only have words of thanks for Sir Alex because he has given me a lot of opportunities to play for this club, so I owe him a lot," he said. "I am improving how I play. I am trying to be quicker with the ball, with more technique and concentration, because it is very difficult to keep the ball in this league.
"Of course, I have a lot of improving to do and I will work hard every day to achieve that."

No comments:

Post a Comment