Man Utd Fan CLub

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Sneijder Keen on United Move

Wesley Sneijder has confirmed he would like to join Manchester United and suggested 'unofficial talks' have taken place.


Sneijder, 27, has long been linked with a move to Old Trafford and, though both clubs have denied talks have taken place, the Inter Milan star revealed at the weekend his club need the money.
Asked if he was keen on a move to Manchester United, Sneijder has now said: "Yes, but nobody has called officially. Maybe there have been unofficial talks.
"The situation is that I am an Inter Milan player, but there's a chance that I will leave. If something crosses my path, I have enough time to take a decision about it. It is down to the club. If a good bid comes in, they have to let me go. They don't want to lose me but there's a chance they will."
Sneijder was set to play for Netherlands at Wembley on Wednesday before the game was cancelled and he added: "I am leaving England after the game, but if I get permission, I have to go back."
Netherlands team-mate Rafael van der Vaart said Sneijder will be fully prepared for life in the Premier League.
"Of course he would like to play in England," he told Sky Sports News. "It's the biggest league in the world. He is a good friend of mine and we have contact almost every day. He knows what to expect in the Premier League."
Asked if he will be playing against Sneijder in the upcoming season, he said: "I hope not because Man U are going to be stronger, but he's a great player and he fits in well at Man U."

No comments:

Post a Comment