Man Utd Fan CLub

Monday 22 August 2011

Nani Taunts Spurs Over 'Clever' Goal

Manchester United winger Nani has fuelled the fires against Tottenham by bragging about his 'clever' goal against them last season. Nani pounced on a mistake by Heurelho Gomes, who thought a free-kick had been awarded for a handball, and stole the ball off the goalkeeper to score the second in a 2-0 win.

But, despite being criticised for his unsporting act at the time, Nani is proud of his goal and has brought it up again before the two teams clash on Monday.
He said: ''That was the strangest goal I think I've ever scored. Most people were angry but I was clever because I understood the game. I put my hand on the ball because I thought it was a foul. But the referee saw the goalkeeper catch the ball and go to play on. The referee opened his hands to say "play".
''The keeper put the ball on the floor and took two steps back. I looked at the referee and he just said, "Yeah, OK", so I took it quick and scored. It was not my fault.''
Sir Alex Ferguson, though, said he wants to avoid controversy this time around.
He said: ''For the sake of Harry Redknapp's health I hope we can avoid the kind of controversial goal that last season had him jumping up and down in rage and frustration.''

No comments:

Post a Comment