Man Utd Fan CLub

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Rooney Sings Ferguson Praises

Wayne Rooney has reaffirmed his commitment to Manchester United by stressing his belief in manager Sir Alex Ferguson and says he wants to play under him for the rest of his career.

A report from The Independent on Saturday speculated United could part company with Rooney in the January transfer window following an alleged rift between the striker and Ferguson.

But the Premier League champions swiftly reacted with a statement that denied the rumour, insisting there are no plans afoot to sell Rooney, who joined the Red Devils from Everton for an initial payment of £20 million in 2004.

And, speaking to The Sun, Rooney has reiterated that stance, saying: "Sir Alex is the greatest manager of all time. Of course I would like to play under him for the rest of my career.

"He's a great manager and is a big reason why I joined Manchester United. If I could finish my career playing under Sir Alex then I won't have gone far wrong.

"As I said before he is, in my eyes, the best ever. His success and his trophies speak for themselves. He's an incredible manager and has done so much for football and so much for my game as well.

"His every-day commitment to his job is what makes him stand out. He's in before the players every morning and leaves after you. His commitment, his desire to win and his dedication is incredible."

No comments:

Post a Comment