Man Utd Fan CLub

Sunday 2 October 2011

Ferguson Eyes Four More Years

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson believes he has "three or four years" left in management as he closes on 25 years at the Old Trafford helm.


November 6 will mark a quarter of a century in charge of United for Ferguson, who turns 70 on New Year's Eve, the Scottish coach having lifted 19 league titles, two European Cups and five FA Cup trophies during his time at the helm.
Ferguson's side have enjoyed an impressive start to the 2011-12 season, with the club's 2-0 scalp of Norwich City on Saturday keeping the Red Devils top of the Premier League table on goal difference ahead of rivals City.
"I've got three or four years left," Ferguson told the Sunday Mirror. "I feel good. But when I do leave, I will leave in place a strong young team that will continue to succeed for my successor."
Ferguson also reflected on his team's fortunes, adding: "It's all about team spirit. In a match, I only need eight of my players to be on top form. If the other three aren't up to it, it's not ­serious. The other eight do the work for them.
"There has only been six matches where I've had all 11 players perform at their very best. It's like swallows. They always fly together in a group, in a V formation, and those at the front do the majority of the work. And they alternate regularly.
"If one swallow flies out of formation, two others go to get him and bring him back into the group. It's the same in my teams - sacrifice, friendship, and the giving of oneself to the team."

No comments:

Post a Comment