Man Utd Fan CLub

Monday 17 October 2011

Ferdinand: I Have Plenty to Offer



Ferdinand, 32, is well aware the rapid rise of Phil Jones has led to questions being asked about his own contributions for Manchester United and England. But after an impressive display in Saturday's 1-1 draw at Liverpool, Ferdinand confirmed he has no desire to step aside.
"I have had people writing me off many times in my career," he said. "I just go out and play. I am confident in my own ability.
"Whatever anyone writes doesn't bother me whether it is good or bad. I wasn't in the England squad so I just have to shrug my shoulders and get on with it. I am not one to sit around and moan and mope."
Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand says he will continue to ignore the critics as he looks to recapture the form which made him captain of both club and country.
Meanwhile, Ferdinand also urged David De Gea to ignore critcism after the United goalkeeper endured a testing start to his life in the Premier League.
"The difference with clubs like us and others is that elsewhere goalkeepers are always involved in the action. Here, he is not involved for a long time and then bang he has to make a quick save. That is what sets the top keepers apart.
"He is showing why the club spent so much money on him and went out big to get him.
"The game against Stoke was a pivotal moment for him. There was a lot of pressure on him. People expected things to go wrong for him because of the size of the opponents and how Stoke put pressure on the goalkeeper. He dealt with that game brilliantly, which was huge confidence-wise.
"I didn't notice a change in him because he is not an emotional type of guy or someone who is that animated, but you can tell from his performances since that he is looking more comfortable and confident," said Ferdinand.

No comments:

Post a Comment