Man Utd Fan CLub

Friday 10 June 2011

Kuszczak Resigned to Man Utd Exit

Manchester United goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak has resigned himself to leaving Old Trafford this summer.


Kuszczak, a Poland international, has been second choice behind Edwin van der Sar, and although the Dutchman retired at the end of the season, does not appear to be the favourite as his long-term successor.
He may have another year left on his contract at Old Trafford, but Kuszczak says United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is keeping him in dark over his future at the club, and therefore has accepted it is time for his departure after five seasons.
"I haven't spoken with Alex Ferguson," he said. "He has told me nothing. He never tells me anything. I don't know if I can stick it any more."
"I have some offers and we will see what happens with them. I think I will stay in England. I have been in the country for seven years and people here know what I can do."
The 29-year-old former West Brom stopper made just seven appearances last season for United and Ferguson is expected to complete a £18 million deal to sign Atletico Madrid's 20-year-old keeper David de Gea before the close of the summer transfer window.

No comments:

Post a Comment