Man Utd Fan CLub

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Berba Wants United Stay

Dimitar Berbatov insists he will stay at Manchester United despite his "embarrassment" at missing out on the Champions League final squad. Berbatov, 30, was reported to be on his way out of Old Trafford after he failed to even make the bench for Saturday's 3-1 defeat to Barcelona at Wembley.

However, Berbatov has outlined his determination to prove his worth to Sir Alex Ferguson and insists he has no intention of leaving the club. I will remain at United," he told Bulgarian daily newspaper 24 Chassa. "I will fight for my place and I will fight for title number 20. "If I was a man who gave up easily, I would never be here in the first place.

Starting July 4, everything begins all over again - my personal fight to be in the first team, and for United to win more titles." Berbatov denied that he was "angry" with Ferguson for his Champions League omission, but said he had to watch the game from the dressing room to avoid the humiliation of sitting in the stands. "To be honest, I was in the dressing room," he said. "I watched the final from there. This was embarrassing for me - that I was not included in the group. I didn't want people to see the pain in my eyes."

No comments:

Post a Comment