Man Utd Fan CLub

Sunday 12 June 2011

Julio Cesar Sticks by Inter

Inter Milan goalkeeper Julio Cesar has quashed rumours regarding his future at the club, insisting he will not move to Manchester United this summer.


The Brazilian has also been linked with a move to Roma during the current transfer window, but the shot-stopper has moved to quell any further speculation, suggesting that he will not be the one to replaceEdwin van der Sar at Old Trafford.
"Roma have tested the waters with me, they were really interested," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "But I decided to stay at Inter until 2014, which is when my contract expires. So, the story is closed. I'd like my name to disappear from the pages of transfers. No Roma, no Manchester United, no nothing. Now I want to beat AC Milan and win back the Scudetto. Also, I'd like to win the Champions League again."
Inter have reportedly been on the hunt for Bologna's Emiliano Viviano, bringing Cesar's future at the club into question. But it appears the 31-year-old is content for Atletico Madrid's David de Gea to continue to be the frontrunner for van der Sar's vacated post.
Cesar also insisted that team-mate Wesley Sneijder will not depart the Serie A for the Premier League, despite being heavily linked with a switch to Stamford Bridge.
"Sneijder to Chelsea? Don't worry, he stays here," Cesar said.

No comments:

Post a Comment