Man Utd Fan CLub

Friday 13 May 2011

Jelavic Claims United Interest

Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic claims Manchester United are preparing a £13 million bid to take him to Old Trafford in the summer. Jelavic, 25, made the switch to Ibrox in August last year from Rapid Vienna and has proved a big hit during his first season in Scotland, scoring 18 goals in 26 appearances so far. Premier League front-runners United are on the cusp of a 19th league title but manager Sir Alex Ferguson already has one eye on the transfer window.

Jelavic reveals that the Red Devils have made contact with his agent but says he will not be preoccupied with a move until the end of the campaign. He told the Daily Record: "I know United are interested. My agent has established contact with them but that's all I know. "My agent has mentioned a figure of £13 million and I came to Rangers for £4 million so it would be a big gain for the club. However, I would only think of a transfer in the summer."

Rangers are in pole position to secure a successive SPL title, one point ahead of rivals Celtic with one game left to play, and Croatia international Jelavic has played an important part in their campaign. He admits that he has thoroughly enjoyed his debut season in Scotland and is desperate to finish the year on a high. "I'm fine here and enjoying every moment. The Rangers fans give me goosebumps - they really love me and I am looking forward to the Kilmarnock game on Sunday," he added. "If we win, it will be the first title I have won where I have been one of the key figures. I would call it my first real title."

No comments:

Post a Comment