Man Utd Fan CLub

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Berbatov: I Will Go Nowhere This Summer


After helping Manchester United collect their record 19th league title, striker Dimitar Berbatov has revealed that he intends to see out the remainder of his contract at Old Trafford. Berbatov has played a significant role for the Red Devils this season, scoring an impressive 21 Premier League goals as Sir Alex Ferguson's men claimed the title. The Bulgarian, who joined the club in 2008, has one more year left on his United contract and insists he has no plans to leave before it expires - despite being left on the bench for a number of key games during the current campaign. "I have a contract for one more year and I will go nowhere," Berbatov confirmed.

"Now I am part of United's 19th title and I want to be part of the 20th, that's my plan. I am the happiest man in the team because I'm a champion and top goalscorer in the league. To win 19 titles is a fantastic achievement." More immediately, United could become champions of Europe with success over Barcelona in Saturday's Champions League final - and Berbatov is confident his side will lift the trophy at Wembley. "I expect to win against Barcelona," he said. "Everybody thinks the Spaniards are favourites but nobody knows who will win."

No comments:

Post a Comment