Man Utd Fan CLub

Friday 13 July 2012

Owen: I Can Still Play at The Top

Michael Owen has insisted that he can still play at the highest level and does not want to drop down a division as he looks for a new club after being released by Manchester United.

Owen, 32, was let go this summer after three seasons at Old Trafford and is confident that he can continue to play in the Premier League if he is given the chance.

"If a good opportunity doesn't come my way then so be it," Owen wrote on his official Twitter account. "I know I can still bang them in at the top level. I proved that nearly every time I played for Manchester United.

"At 32, I've still got a few years in me. At this stage of my career it has to be something that I'm going to enjoy doing.

"Not being disrespectful when I say I wouldn't play in the Championship. Always said I wouldn't drop down the leagues like some have done.

"After playing for Liverpool, Real Madrid, Newcastle, Man Utd and England, I don't think I would enjoy that football."

Owen made just one Premier League appearance in his final season with United, and last played for the first-team in the Champions League at the beginning of November.

No comments:

Post a Comment