Man Utd Fan CLub

Thursday 12 July 2012

Macheda Glad to be Back at United

Federico Macheda is relishing being back with Manchester United and is determined to press for regular playing opportunities in the 2012-13 season.

Macheda, 20, was sent out on loan to QPR for the second half of last campaign after struggling for chances to impress manager Sir Alex Ferguson at United.

But the Italian forward made just three substitute appearances for QPR in the Premier League as he struggled with an ankle injury.

Macheda is now back training with the Red Devils in pre-season, and he told the club's official website: "It's great to be back at Manchester United. When you go on loan you really understand how important it is to play for this club.

"I'm really happy to be back and I can't wait for the start of the season. Last season was disappointing. In the first six months I didn't get a lot of opportunities here so we decided it was best for me to go on loan.

"When I got to QPR things went a bit wrong, though, as I was feeling my ankle a lot. But now I feel a lot better and want to start the season well. It's a big season for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment