Man Utd Fan CLub

Monday 2 July 2012

Fabio da Silva Joins QPR On Loan

QPR have signed Manchester United defender Fabio da Silva on a season-long loan.

Da Silva, 21, has agreed a deal at Loftus Road until the end of the 2012-13 campaign. He can play in both full-back positions and has also been used in midfield.

The Brazilian, who has made 53 first team appearances for United, where his twin brother Rafael is a team-mate, said he was "so happy" to be in West London.

He told QPR's official website: "This loan is so important for me in terms of my career. I want to play as many games as possible here. I want to play well and win games.

"It's a good move for my career and for my confidence. Sir Alex Ferguson said I'd enjoy it here, and told me to play as many games as I can.

"I want to help QPR progress up the Premier League. Hopefully the fans will enjoy watching me in action, because I'll do my best."

Rangers manager Mark Hughes said the deal was "a great opportunity for us to loan a good, young player who has decent experience of playing for a top club like Manchester United".

"He's played a lot of senior games for United, so it shows the quality he's got," Hughes said. "I know they think very highly of him, and we believe he has all the attributes to be a success here next season."

No comments:

Post a Comment