Man Utd Fan CLub

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Vidic Vows to return to Top Form

Nemanja Vidic insists his knee is in "perfect condition" and that his partnership with Rio Ferdinand at the centre of the Manchester United defence will be as good as ever this season.

Vidic missed most of the last campaign as United lost their Premier League crown to their city rivals. And after returning to first team action in pre-season, Vidic hopes his injury problems are a thing of the past.

"I have no doubt Rio and me can again be the best couple of central defenders in the Premier League," he said. "That's the way it has been for a few years and now my dream is for us to return to the same level. People can think anything they like. But, all things being equal, it is very difficult for anybody to get the better of us.

"My knee is in perfect condition. My only challenge this season is to avoid more injury. I'm still not 100% but this will come with minutes on the field and more hard work. I've received a lot of confidence from the manager and this is the main thing for me.

"We had some young players play a lot of games last season. They'll have learned a lot. We all learned. In Europe we've had so much success in recent years and maybe relaxed a bit. We were punished and can't allow that to happen again.

"We had a few injuries last season too. I hope everyone can stay fit this time. To lose the league title was hard for us but is forgotten now and we are only thinking of becoming the owners of the English championship again."

No comments:

Post a Comment