Man Utd Fan CLub

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Henriquez at United 'to stay'

With a deal to join Manchester United close to completion, Chilean youngster Angelo Henriquez has spoken of his excitement at arriving at Old Trafford.

Henriquez, 18, is on the verge of completing a move that has been in the pipeline for some time, with Manchester United having held a first-option agreement with Universidad de Chile since 2009.

However, the striker, who marked his first senior league campaign with 11 goals in 17 games earlier this year, is still unsure as to whether he will remain with the Red Devils, or depart on loan.

"I'm super happy to arrive at Manchester United and it's a spectacular time for me. I'm fulfilling a dream that I have had for a long time and that I can soon make real. I'm arriving where I want to be," Henriquez told Chilean newspaper La Tercera.

"My suggestion was to arrive at Manchester United in August next year, but it was complicated. You look on television and see the outstanding players, scoring spectacular goals. I cannot waste this opportunity."

Henriquez confirmed that he will meet with Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson on Wednesday to discuss arrangements for the coming months, having undertaken a medical with the club on Tuesday afternoon.

"I haven't had contact with the coach [Ferguson]. I will meet with him tomorrow [Wednesday] and we will talk about what he wants from me," he added. "I haven't spoken with any of the squad. I am with the team's South American scouts who have helped me all this time and they follow me everywhere.

"I am coming to Manchester United to stay and I a going to play to achieve that goal. I don't know what will happen with my future. I didn't see this situation coming myself, but my agent [Fernando Felicevich] will meet with the chief executive of the club and they will decide what will happen with me.

"I want to play with the Manchester United first-team, this is my principal objective. If they decide to loan me, I prefer to remain at Universidad de Chile until Manchester decide it's convenient."

No comments:

Post a Comment