Man Utd Fan CLub

Thursday 24 March 2011

Hernandez Hails 'monster' Rooney

Javier Hernandez has heaped praise on Manchester United strike partner Wayne Rooney, describing him as a 'monster', and says his debut season at Old Trafford has been a dream.Hernandez has already scored 16 goals this season, many of them vital strikes, and has been in such good form that the Premier League's leading scorer, Dimitar Berbatov, has been relegated to the bench.Hernandez told The Sun:

"Playing with Wayne is a dream. He's a monster to be alongside and I never believed I would get so many games and goals during my first season at United."Mr Ferguson's comments are very important for me. He has given me such confidence, he raises my morale and my only hope is that nothing changes."Despite some trying to dub Hernandez as the 'little Carlos Tevez', he is more concerned with carving out a reputation as a lethal goalscorer in his own right.He said: "The little Tevez? I'm really proud that people are comparing me to him but I am Chicharito and am living my dreams at the moment."I am very happy because I know there is so much more to come.

My secret is to study opposition defenders and work out their weak points. I try to outwit them with my speed and anticipation in the area. So my goals are not down to luck."Perhaps the better physical preparation here in England is the key to my performances. This aspect of the game is better than in South America and I have profited."

Meanwhile, Sir Alex Ferguson is refusing to make any promises over the selection of Berbatov."It's very difficult," he said. "Players never understand when they're left out, it doesn't matter what you say to them. They all want to play."I was the same myself. I always wanted to play and every footballer is the same. The important thing is that Dimitar recognised by us and he will get games. He might even play on Saturday against Bolton, depending on how I go. He'll be involved on Saturday."

No comments:

Post a Comment