Man Utd Fan CLub

Sunday 26 January 2014

United announce Signing of Juan Mata

Manchester United have to announced they have signed Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata for a fee of 37.1 million pounds. The 25 -year-old has moved to Old Trafford giving Chelsea, who signed him from Valencia in 2011 for 23 million pounds, a profit of around 14 million pounds. Mata passed his medical; having been linked with a move last week; and could make his United debut against Cardiff at Old Trafford on Tuesday .

Mata told MUTV: "I am thrilled to be joining United. I have enjoyed some very happy years at Chelsea but the time has come for a new challenge. United is the perfect place for me and I am excited at the chance I have to be part of the next phase in the club 's history. "Chelsea is a top club and I have many friends there but you can not turn down the chance to join Manchester United. I look forward to helping the manager and the team be successful in the coming years .

"Today is a very happy day for me, I'm very proud to be here. It's amazing knowing that a club like United is interested in me. "It's a massive club. I thought 'wow' when I heard of the interest. I know this is a big money deal, i'm confident that everything is going to be ok, I will try my best , and I think everything is going to be right because the squad is very good, the manager is very good , the fans are unbelievable so we have everything to succeed .

Mata scored 20 goals for Chelsea last season but has only made ​​11 league starts in the current campaign and has not featured since the 3-0 win over Southampton on New Year 's Day . He has scored 33 goals in 133 games for Chelsea in all competitions

No comments:

Post a Comment