Man Utd Fan CLub

Thursday 7 April 2011

Van der Sar Eases Injury Worries

Edwin van der Sar insists he has not suffered a recurrence of his groin injury after Nemanja Vidic was forced to take over goal kicks during Wednesday's 1-0 Champions League victory over Chelsea. Van der Sar was left out of the team for Manchester United's 4-2 win over West Ham on Saturday as a precaution after sustaining a groin problem, and Tomasz Kuszczak - who took his place at Upton Park - was sent to warm up on two occasions at Stamford Bridge.

However, Van der Sar - who was booked for time-wasting when Vidic went to take a goal kick - has suggested the problem was caused by cramp. "When I dived to save a shot from Torres, I went 105% for my take-off," he said. "My calf gave way a little bit and I ended up with cramp."I didn't train a lot in the last couple of weeks, so maybe it was a bit of tiredness or something." Manchester United play Fulham in the Premier League on Saturday before hosting Chelsea for the second leg of their Champions League tie on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment